Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

Friends for ever

Bookmark and Share



I still remember the first day we met
I was  too shy to say much at all
It's funny to think back to that time
To know how soon decades have gone

You came back at an unexpected moment
Like the wind whispering through the trees
You taught me life time lessons and never to forget
Patiently seeking me to grow in the light of your eyes

You are friend I'm bless to have
A friend who lifted me up
When I loose my way in the dark 
You were there to hold me from hurt

When dark storms cloud my heart
When sadness fills my heart
You are there when ever I call your name
It's then I realize the depth of friendship

Our bond is special in every way
It is unique in its own beautiful way
Your care and love had always payed high
And you are some one I could never replace

You are always there for me
When my spirits need a little lift
I cannot thank you enough for that
You are truly an extraordinary gift.

With each passing day we will grow
To make this friendship become stronger
I hope you'll never leave my side 
As we celebrate the uniqueness of our gift

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 7:21 PM,

3 Comments:

At May 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem which touch the heart deeply

 
At May 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM, Blogger S A J Shirazi said...

You say friends are forever. I wrote today something exactly against this notion. Now were do we settle?

Where are friends for ever? Show me please?

 
At May 7, 2013 at 8:00 PM, Anonymous Deb Sistrunk said...

I believe in friends forever. :-) Sajini, this poem is sweetness personified.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll