Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

To my precious love

Bookmark and Share


Dedicate to my daughter Sanudi Gunawardena with love .....





For once, I'm at a loss for words.  Maybe not so much at a loss, but there are so many things I want to say that I just don't know where or how to begin.  This post is less about words and more about feeling.  It's about emotion.  It's a glimpse inside my heart, not my mind.  It's about my daughter who played the role of a mother and sister and a friend for the past few days as I was not in good health and hardly didn't have energy to walk. I was impressed how beautifully and confidently she played my role at the young age of 13. Past few days taught me how precious my little girl was to me and how quickly that little baby I held in my arms 13 years ago have grown up. Words would never describe what I felt of her and as I cuddled her in my arms last night and showered with kisses, I looked into her big black eyes and I said '' Every mother in the world should have a daughter like you and all the mighty God's above should protect you '' . As she smiled and kissed me back I felt how lucky I am to have her as my little girl.



When times seem too hard to bear and I feel like giving up
I vision your beautiful face,the twinkle of your eyes 
The bond we created from my womb to the day you were born
Is a mother and daughter bind that can never be torn

With the strength and guidance of God above
I want to be the best mom I can be to you 
And embrace you with all my love
As I watch you grow with all the charms

You are as precious as a flower and as gorgeous as a rose
You have been specially made to the very tip of your nose
You are as sweet as honey, such an innocent young child
You are brighter than any star in the sky every time you smile

I want you to be proud of who you are and strive to be the best
Put forth your efforts to achieve your goals and let God do the rest
I will always be your mother first, but I'm also your friend
Your are the most precious love, that I've ever been given

With All My Love,
Ammi

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 6:19 PM,

5 Comments:

At March 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Anonymous Thilini said...

Daughters are precious ....Beautiful post and very touching

 
At March 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM, Anonymous Kausar Bilal said...

Dear Sajini, I saw the reflection of my own daughter who is soon turning 13. I understand the wishes of the mom of a 13 year old best-friend-daughter. An incredible post and I cherished every bit of it. Thanks for sharing it.

 
At April 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Anonymous SR said...

Nice thing to say.

 
At April 1, 2013 at 6:58 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

Very sweet, indeed

 
At April 2, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for the lovely comments, much appreciated :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll