Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

To my hero, my first love

Bookmark and Share





To my daddy,
 
Thank you for a wonderful letter . While reading it, my eyes filled with tears and heart filled with emotions. I do remember my childhood and how much I adored you. You were tall and was with good physic that you looked like a giant while I looked like a little dwarf . I use to love that giant look in you coz every time I looked up at you I felt protection. In school while I had little arguments with other kids I made you my hero and when I talked about you others kept quite.

Time slowly passed by and you became my best friend. You took me outdoors a lot and made me feel nature. You made me see the world through my eyes and showed me the beauty of all living things. You taught me how to love humans and animals equally and to respect them and most of all you taught me how to love my self.  We both did gardening together , even my little hands were small to dig holes in the ground you encouraged me that I can, and with your words and knowing you there with me , we made beautiful flower beds and watered them . When they bloomed with flowers you proudly said '' angel , your flowers are beautiful as you ''. 

I loved bed time stories with you. You always made me the princess of those stories and with every story you read, you taught me a very simple  life lesson. Teen life was not easy and i had my own world , but you were always part of it. There were times that mum goes mad with both of us , but you always took my side and never let any thing hurt me.I always knew I was your special girl but that never made me demand on things that other kids had and today I know that was mainly because you slowly guided me at very young age. We had so much fun together and every day when you came home you bought me chocolates . It became a routine for you and I loved sharing them with my friends. When ever you travelled abroad , your bags were packed with toys and pretty frilled frocks for me and mum use to complain that you don't bring her much and we both laughed at this . 

When I grew older you focus my energy on my studies and with all hard lessons you helped me. You made me see the importance of education and even as a woman I should be independent in life. My greatest lessons in life came at this age . You taught me how hard life was and you always build positive energy in me. You taught me how to take decisions at tough times and not to listen to dark whispers which pull you down. You taught me that winning or loosing a game was not important but only how you play it till the end. You taught me that life will pull me down at hard times but what matters was to rise every time I fell.  You taught me how to gain self confidence and how to held my head high. You taught me to listen to every voice around me but to choose my own voice with dignity. 

You became my gigantic pillar for me to lean on every time I felt weak. Even a little heartache on me hurted and disturbed you very much , but you never got your self involved , but wisely guided me and led me the path. Daddy , I felt protected in your arms and every word from you made me safe and it was very important for a girl. You loved me unconditionally and I felt it and I loved you equally but daughter's are never meant to stay and that's when love crept into my heart.  I always looked for a man like you and you always said don't rush for love coz love will find you. I fell in love with a wonderful person and every time I was with him I felt you and I knew that my choice was right. You were the first I told about him and I did notice the pain in your eyes. It was not easy to leave you Daddy , but I had to go. 

You gave me a fairy tale wedding and every moment of it is in my memory. I was so happy to go with the man I love but equally sad to leave the man who I loved first . For a daughter a father is a hero for life . For a daughter a father is her first love and even to this day you are still my first love. I love you for every thing you did for me with my knowledge or without. I loved you for all the sacrifices you made for me. I loved you for all the time you gave despise your busy work schedules. I love you for silently suffering with me when i was in pain. I love you for all the hard work you did to give me every thing I needed in life and most of all I love you because the greatest gift I got from GOD is you....


Love you daddy, 
Your angel 

Labels: ,

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 10:12 AM,

12 Comments:

At September 21, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Anonymous Power Angel said...

Beautiful ....when i read your previouse post of a father daughter relation i was thinking of writing him a letter my self as in couple of months i'll leave him to go to my own husband. This will be the exact way i would feel. All memories will come back.
I like this new presentation of your blog. The song gives a depth and the letter gives a emmotional feeling.

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Anonymous Krishan Perera said...

Excellent !!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going through your blog and found it very interesting and also very attractive. I am a blog lover and i read all blogs i can get my hands on and i found this quite heart catching. I love the way you have presented which does not bore reading and the poems here are so beautiful. A very well done blog , keep it up. Cheers!!

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ Power Angel ....
Thank you for your wonderful words. This is how all daughters feel when the day comes to leave their fathers. I'm happy that you like the new presentation of the blog :-)

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ Krishan Perera...
Thank you for your lovely comment

 
At September 21, 2012 at 1:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ Anonymous...
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and i'm glad that you have enjoyed it. I like to do new things with my blog and videos were adding taste to all my new articles . Thank you for liking my poems as well.

 
At September 21, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Anonymous Thilini said...

Very touching as always ...

 
At September 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM, Anonymous Masha W. said...

Amazingly written. Brought teas to my eyes..

 
At September 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@Thilini.....
Thank you.

 
At September 23, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@Masha W.....
Thank you dear.

 
At September 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Kausar Bilal said...

A very nice article on a unique subject that has never been addressed this way...it's really amazing...

 
At September 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

@ Kausar Bilal....
Thank you very much for your lovely comment. Every day we see this relation and only a daughter can express it best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll