Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

Tears of poverty

Bookmark and Share


                                Photo credits - Tariq's Photography
                           


I am lost alone in a world
Where poverty is the only existence
A world torn to misery and pain
Wrapped in hunger and fear
 
I have lost my innocence
I have lost my rights
My voice not heard any more
My soul dead before I know
 
I am struggling day by day
Just to survive in cruel world
I battle to be heard for once
In ragged clothes I sober in my world

While the world go smiling around
When no one cares of the others around
Please don't hate this little me
For I have been alone for so long
 
Love me once is all I need
Cuddle me in your arms for while
Wipe these little tears of mine
And see me smile for a while.

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 12:22 PM,

1 Comments:

At May 13, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Blogger anonymous said...

So beautifully written. These tears should not exist, and there are still people who care. I think... will share this around. Thank you for sharing it first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll