Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

Betrayed hearts

Bookmark and Share






My eyes kept looking into the ocean without aim or destination. The sound of the waves crashing on each other are like the echoes from past whispering silently. My mind was wandering into the past, to the memories that made me loose all controls of life.
I still remember the vows we gave each other long time ago. You promised to be by my side, to hold me at bad times and to be beside me at good times. You promised to be with me in sick and in health and promised to love me forever till death does us apart. How I believed in you and your words. How I trusted you to keep your word and how I had faith in you that you'll always be mine for ever.

It's sad to know that all your words became a lie in time and how you changed. It's true that my life got busy being a mum and wife but every moment of my free time I spent with you. I was tired of days work with kids and house hold chores but I made sure that my duties to you were perform in perfection. There were times that I forgot to fulfil your demands as a wife or to show love as you expect but that never meant that I loved you less. It was not easy playing so many roles and performing too many duties but my priority was on you and the kids.
I was with you at all hard times and in all sickness and took care of you the best I can, but I never realized that it was not enough, that you wanted more and that you were searching other places to find ecstasy of temporary satisfaction. I was shocked, hurt, sad and mad when I found that you had betrayed my trust in you. It was painful to find out that your heart doesn’t belong to me anymore and that all promises you gave were just words. I kept thinking where I lacked in loving you or did you lack understanding my sacrifices for this family? Didn't I show my love to you or did you lack realizing that you are the only man in my world?
How did you betray me and my love? Didn't you think of me when you were with her or was I just a memory to you? Your actions made me realize that trust is just another word in the dictionary and have no deeper meaning. I lost faith in trust and will never be able to gain trust in any human again. If you could betray your own wife how can I trust another ever again?The time with you gave me greatest lessons of all and enormous pain. It is sad that the man I loved all my life betrayed me after all this time......

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 1:19 PM,

3 Comments:

At January 13, 2013 at 1:21 PM, Blogger Asghar Javed said...

Doesn't seem to be universal to me. It is so relatable. Powerful read.

 
At January 13, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you know my story? Yes, i betrayed my wife for another woman and destroyed every thing and my life.

 
At January 13, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Anonymous Kausar Bilal said...

Dear Sajini, it's a painful post, but believe me the husband wasn't absolutely wrong. In fact, even in Pakistan we need factual education and counselling to lead a successful family life that is very challenging. I have experienced and observed that duties and companionship towards husbands and wives must be at the top of the family life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll