Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

Friends are quite angels

Bookmark and Share

Song


“Somebody’s gonna drop everything, run out and crank up their car, hit the gas, get there fast, never stop and think what’s in it for me, or it’s way too far. They’ll just show on up, with a big ole heart. You find out who your friends are.”  – Tracy Lawrence


We all have friends and each and every one play different compartments in our lives. Friendship comes in different shapes and sizes and all of them are essential to one's life. Friends are once strangers who cross your path unexpectedly and find out each other's similarities and end up being good friends.
 

I consider myself as lucky as I’m blessed with so many wonderful friends amongst me. They have become my strength at hard times and faith in each other. They have picked me up when I was down and have stood beside me till I was strong enough to stand on my own. They have understood me to the very deep and when I make mistakes they have tried talking me out of making them again. 


As relationships, friendships also need hard work or it will end before it even started. I have my share of arguments with my friends and sometimes I wonder why they stick by my side, and it felt good to know that the bond I have made with them is much stronger than hard words, lies or stupid misunderstandings. Some are very surface, and come about through shared hobbies or mutual friends. Others are deeper and more meaningful; built with people you feel you can share anything. Friendships can grow and fade or die. Sometimes the parting is intentional or painful, and other times it is just a gradual reduction of a relationship that was once important to us and, now, no longer is. My friends have inspired me, motivated me, advised, comfort and loved me. They have put my needs before their own and been with me despite their busy schedules to hold me and console me.


Today I have become a better person because of my friends. Every kind act by a friend must be cherished and never be forgotten. My friends have given me hope when I was lost in thoughts and acts, have cheered me up when I’m down, and have acted spontaneously when I have gone overjoyed in life's achievements. It surely would have been a lonely boring journey without them by my side. 


Life has given me lot of second chances because of my friends. Each mistake I made in friendship has taken me closer to be a better friend. I have learnt from my friends and still do. Some of them have become my rock I lean on and God put them in my life to make me a better human to save me from my own self. I have more than one best friend who have weathered the storms in the dark times and embarked the rays when the sunny time comes in life and say a prayer when needed. 


I'm not a perfect friend and I will not expect others to be, but what I have learned from my friends is the emotional depth of another human is simply amazing.  Friendship is a gift that should be prized and protected, not taken for granted and dismissed.  


I love my friends because when I wanted to give up they didn't give in me.


“Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love.” – Elie Wiesel

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 11:15 AM,

10 Comments:

At November 26, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said...

So true! Thank you for being such a great cyber buddy!

 
At November 26, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Anonymous Power Angel said...

Love it and you are the best friend ever ...ummaaaa, love you <3

 
At November 26, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Anonymous krishan said...

Beautiful song and post, be my friend angel :-)

 
At November 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Anonymous Niroshini said...

you are the best of friends sis <3

 
At November 26, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Anonymous Niroshini said...

wowwww love it,thanks for a great friendship sis

 
At November 26, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY SISSS.... LOVELY PERCEPTION...M LUCKY HAVING YOU AS MY FRN AS MY SIS... LOTS OF LOVE N HUGSSSSS.... (:(:(:... BIJAL.

 
At November 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

THIS IS AMAZIN' SIS. LOVE U !! :)

 
At November 26, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

THIS IS AMAZIN' SIS. LOVE U !! :)

 
At December 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments :-)

 
At December 5, 2012 at 7:17 PM, Blogger Kausar Bilal said...

A wonderful post beyond words. Friendship is really matchless among relationships, perhaps even better than love. I am also very blessed in terms of friendships...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll