Sajini Chandrasekera

this is where I am at

Down dark alley

Bookmark and Share




                                                             
Years I held back of untold truth
Dark memories of that fateful night
It took me years to be this strong
And the secret finally to reveal

Walking the night alone with fear
Passing a dark alley in a corner
Standing among the walls in the dark 
A masked face of unknown

Pushing  into the stony wall
His touch on my body with hunger
Hurting deep more and more
I became his pray in a dark alley

I battled hard to save my self 
My screams were just lost of words of pain
The scars in mind of that night
Will hurt me every second of life

Why was I punished, is it for my innocence
Was it because I was helpless
No girl deserve such cruelty of pain 
And rape is a crime which cannot be forgiven

It's only me who knows what pain it caused
It's only me who suffered this long 
I'm a daughter, sister and friend to someone
And treat as I'm one of your own 

posted by Sajini Lakshika Chandrasekera @ 12:38 PM,

6 Comments:

At January 21, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Blogger Asghar Javed said...

Very loaded poem.

 
At January 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very touching poem and the pain of a rape victim is beautifuly put out in words. No one can forgive a rapist and in the end it is the victim who suffers for life. While reading this it brought lot of mixed emotions and having no experince, you made me picture how it could have been. It is always the gift for a writer to make things feel actual for the reader, so thumbs up for you

 
At January 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Blogger Tabish Nayeemi said...

So Touching Lines....A Hard Truth...Salut to You Sajini ...

 
At January 22, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for your valuable comments and this is what and more a rape victim feels, but the scar she carry will haunt her for the rest of her life....

 
At February 3, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Anonymous Kausar Bilal said...

OMG! A very moving poem showing the brutality of the most horrible experience.

 
At January 19, 2014 at 7:00 PM, Blogger chandana said...

Good, u ve put the things together in the correct way, so that the reader will feel the gravity of it without his knowledge. Excellent dear

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Web This Blog

Blog Roll